Sunday 6 February 2011

Dwing Dwing Dwing DWING DWING DWING Etc

If you can guess the uber famous horror film that is from, I will give you much praise and such. Let's just say, that this horror film is a classic, and although it doesn't measure up to horror films today as far as visual effects and "ARGH!" factor, this film, and this famous scene in particular really puts me on edge. Remember, horror films don't scare me. I can't do it - of course, I'm talking about Psycho, the 1960 Hitchcock masterpiece containing one of the most famous scenes in cinema history. A younger, less wise me would have said 'oh, but this film is shit, because you can't see anything blah blah blah' much as I did with the Exorcist (and still do. That film really is just plain awful). Now I can really see the film for what it is - it's imagery, especially in the shower scene, is amazing and makes us believe that a murder is taking place without actualy showing knife-to-skin contact. You really feel for the vitim, as she is in a position that makes her much more vulnerable than if she was just walking down the street. That scene really does put you on edge, and I must admit to looking over my shoulder occassionally wle showering now. It is, quite simply, a masterpiece, and will remain so for many more years to come - come on, it's already lasted over 50 and still ranks as one of the publics scariest horror films of all time, falling 3rd to The Exorcist in 2nd place, with The Shining taking the lead.

Those stats at the end are things I just know. Please don't ask me how. I have not researched these films or anything at all. I am a horror junkie, and as Sallie said today, I need to watch chick flicks. They have no appeal to me - so predictable and mushy. This is more ammo in the 'I was born the wrong sex' argument. Don't get me wrong, I don't WANT to be a man, I just act very boyish all the time and I always have. Plus, if I ever changed sex (god forbid) Adam is the most un-gay man ever so I'd be single again and that would suck.

Maybe that isn't because of Psycho though,the whole looking over the shoulder thing, maybe it's because friday morning I was sound asleep, it was about 10 when I heard a smash IN MY BATHROOM. I lock my door at night. So, I scream and alert the maintainence man that had let himself in my room to take my shower head, which he took. Smashing a glass and leaving the light on and my bedroom door unlocked in the process. Dude, if the door is locked and I am in here, then I LOCK MYSELF IN AT NIGHT! This isn't really a safety thing. It's more so Amani doesn't sneak in and steal everything I own of value (amount = not a lot). I spent the weekend working out, and watching horror movies. He then came crashing back in 2 hours later, waking me up AGAIN and complaining that I was still in bed. Um, fuck off. Thanks.

Another mini film review now (The Psycho one was waaay too fun) and we move on to REsident Evil Extinction, the 3rd in the Resident Evil 'films' that I have put off watching for ages simply because I don't like the casting for Claire Redfield. Ali Larter - fuck off. You are not Claire. I love resident Evil, as you well know, and I am not a fan of the movies because, even though they attempt to stay true to the original series, they don't quite hit all the buttons and so their attempts seem pathetic and wasted. ALthough, overall, as a plain zombie film, they wouldn't be too bad. They stay true to many of the unwritten rules for film zombies and provide some gripping action sequences with amazing effects. The only real flaw is that it has the Resident Evil label attached to it. Take it away and you have a watchable zombie film. I felt this until they killed off my fave character played by the yummy Oded Fehr in a REALLY shit way that I turned off and refused to watch the rest for 2 hours.

I'm going to watch REC. now, the Spanish original to the English film 'Quarentine'. I may start doing some mini film reviews every so often, they're fun ^^ If you think this is a bad idea, please comment in the box. I will probably do it anyway even if you said it was a bad idea, but feel free to feedback none the less XD

No comments:

Post a Comment