Sunday 9 October 2011

Slip and Slide

Picture the scene - I'm driving to work, wearing my angry wig of course, and by that I mean I have my roof down and my bright red hair flying all over the place. Why do I have my roof down? Naturally, I got out of bed at the last second and then had a shower, so my hair is still wet. I use my open roof as a hair-dryer on the way to work. Always have done. Anyways, I'm driving to work, singing/bellowing along to this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWEddEroJH8

(It's a grower. It grew on me. This is a snippet of it. GO AND LISTEN TO IT AND WATCH THE BEAUTIFUL ANIMATION!!!! And notice I said 'singing along to' - Hells yeah I am awesome at Japanese singing now ^_____^ *TWACK* *Ahem*) My driving song, which I can never listen to again due to what happened as I went round the smallest roundabout in the entire known universe. I'm not particularly sure what happened, but all of a sudden I found myself mounted on the damn thing, facing the opposite direction to the direction you are meant to move on a roundabout. Direction.

A man and his girlfriend came running over as they saw me 'slumped over the steering wheel unconscious'. Nay, try 'slumped over the steering wheel in absolute hysterical tears'. I was shaking so much he had to drive the literal few feet to work for me, where I went inside, collapsed, calmed down, collapsed, calmed down, did half an hour of work, collapsed and got sent home. In that exact order. Mummy was proud - I got straight back on the horse, so to speak. As in 'I drove home' (which is more than can be said of what I actually did when I fell off an actual horse - I limped off, crying and haven't got on a horse since. I'm now slightly frightened of them. You be the judge.)

I went to my aunt's house to be around family. I would have gone to my Dad's, but naturally he's an arse and moved to Scotland a few months ago. Interesting trivia for you - I grew up in Derby, and my dad still lived there once my parents divorced and we moved away, which is one of the reasons why I chose Derby uni, my literal thoughts being 'Oooh, I know the area and I can spend a bit more time with my dad!'. As soon as I stepped FOOT in Derby he turned round and said, and I quote, "Oh yeahhhhhhh, I'm kinda moving to Scotland at the end of the year." Arses. I still love my daddy ^_^

Oh yeah, the short and short of it is: I'm fine. No damage at all, to me or the car, which is good. I don't understand my body sometimes when it comes in to contact with cars at high speeds (or slithering round a roundabout at 10mph) and there is no damage. Remember last December? When the snow hit Derby? A car skidded on to the pavement and hit me. Not a mark on me! I think I must be bionic or something... It is odd though - I can get hit by a car several times and come out with either nothing or a bit of light bruising, but I go and shut my hand in a freezer door at work and break my thumb. Answers on a postcard please :)

Plan wise at the mo, things are awesome - I have my dishes planned for our little Come Dine With Me competition. I've had to go with a proper vegetarian dish and not a fish one - Katie is a proper veggie (unlike me haha) and Amz eats anything. We also have a fish tank sat in our living room. It's getting filled with fish on Tuesday. To say I'm excited would be a total understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment