Thursday 9 December 2010

Critical Analysis Of A Journal Article On Employment Of Ex-Offenders

Woops, bit of cross over there. This is not an assignment, Leah. ¬¬ Ugh I have no motivation to do this!!! Or any of them for that matter. Total completed: 2/5. Meh... I have just noticed I occasionally switch from writing in the first person to writing in the third person. Although this would be awful if I was actually writing an assignment, or doing an English degree in general, this is genuinely how my mind works. I talk to myself in the third person - I insult myself more often than not. Or tell myself to do things. Right now I should be telling myself to complete at least one more assignment before my weekend off from it all, but nooooo I'm telling myself to blog, as it is obviously much more fun.

I have a massive wooden pig in my room, with delicate wooden ears and feet. Delicate wooden ears and feet that may break if bashed too hard (ey up, there!). A massive wooden pig with delicate wooden ears and fe- YES ALRIGHT! Ahem, that I have been carrying round uni with me all day and trying not to break (As you can imagine, the skate home was really good for my confidence regarding the not breaking thing) Why did I buy a wooden pig? It is a present for my Grandparents. My mum's Dad, so this explains why it is a pig and not something you would normally buy for an old couple. What would you buy for an old couple? A goat in Africa in their name? Lavender-scented EVERYTHING? Big nappies? I don't have normal oldies in that sense...

We had another guest speaker today - from the parole service. "Ooooh!" Came the cry from the very few people who decided to turn up. This man had about as much personalty as a damp old sock. So, none then. Everyone was complaining about how boring he was, but my main critisim was the fact that he had a jittery head. Not his fault, I know, but whenever he paused for breath, his head would shake. Very noticably. This was infront of about 15 people - he can't have been that bloody scared of us.

Sam remembered I love Jazzles and brought me a packet to say thank you for sitting the mock exam. Out of about 5 of us that turned up. He is a baaaaabe <3 <3 (Adam, I know this annoys you, but hush. I don't mean it. It's like when I call my boss sexy or my lover. He clearly isn't - he looks like the elephant man.) I'm not very well inclined to like my job at the moment - I finished early (well, at 10) wednesday night, got IN TO MY FLAT and realised I still had my fucking buzzer on. Knowing that I would not be in after that night (sure, I'm on, but I'm ill in bed. Cough.) I had to go allllll the way back there again to return it. I got home at half 11. Un.Im.Pressed.

Somewhat like that posh snob who ordered some wine from me. I instantly hated him. My "Just a bottle then, sir? Instead o-" "One bottle is what you usually order, yes." If he had let me finish, I would have said 'instead of individual glasses'. Sooo he places his order, and I go back to serving others. 3 Times in 5 minutes I am stopped to find out where the wine is, each time with larger and more obnoxious 'I am OPENING A WINE BOTTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' mime. Fuck off. Sooo the bar had no luck fnding the wine, so he ordered another, all the while complaining loudly and just generally being an arsehole. I run over with their food and do my "Who had the beef and who had the pasta?" "Beef and Pasta? Yes." ... "Who had the beef and who had the pasta?" "We ordered beef and pasta, yes." ...... "....Who had the BEEF?!?" They then decided there and then who was having what. FUUUUUUUUUUUCKING HELL! All the while his lap dog/wife was egging him on to yell some more. I was in the kitchen every 3 minutes telling Lee how much of a wanker the bloke was and we STILL couldnt find his wine. Eventually, after having a final go at Sammy for bringing him the correct wine, they stormed off without paying. Everyone stood there slightly stunned and so before anyone could act I charged it to their room. Invisible wine, too!

I hate people - I can't decide whether it's posh snobs or yobbos that I hate the most... And my laptop is now refusing to type what I press.Fab. Just as I'm about to write essays...

2 comments:

  1. First off, I've really missed ya Leah!
    I've heard the whole first/third person talking to yerself thing is a sign of intelligence, so take heart.
    I'm laughing at all the things you get up to in work, coz everyone who's worked in the 'service industry' can relate to those ppl. Haha yeah we've ordered that food. Who wants which plate? We ordered that food, the stuff you've got in your hand! Ah they're priceless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I've missed you too! Glad to see you've finally been doing some blogging again. I officially hate being a waitress, for the record. People suck. And we must find soem way to exchange phone numbers again as my phone died - this would be an excellent time for you to have facebook, boy! :P
    Hope life's treating you ok ^_^
    xx

    ReplyDelete