Tuesday 21 September 2010

GOD HELP YOU, YOU MUST GET EXPERIENCE!

Ahhh, up at the crack of half past 8 in order to wander up to campus for another gathering. By gathering, I mean a load of ice-breaker activities, which are kinda poitnless seeing as most of us already know each other thanks to that wonderful thing that is called Facebook... For one exercise we had to think of a really random question and get answers from everyone, including lecturers. Angie, a lecturer (Am I even spelling this right?) asked me the question "If, for some bizarre reason you woke up as a man, what would you miss and what would you do first?" Initial thought - have a wank. Um, no. Not the best thing to say, although I honestly answered when I said I'd miss my boobs.

Although, you know when you first meet someone, if you find them ever-so-slightly irritating, you give them a chance, right? Even if literally EVERYONE in the class is annoyed by them after only one hour. Omg, my teeth have been gritting all day, thanks to one person on the course. Everyone was. At one point we were in smaller groups (naturally, this person was in the same group as me) and we had to think of a group name. Someone said 'ughhhh Kill Me Now' as a response to how they were feeling at that moment in time, and said person went 'OMG NOW THAT'S OUR GROUP NAME!!!' ¬_¬

Tpoic of discussion when we finally went to break. As soon as we got in the queue for foods Rachael said 'OMFG I FUCKING HATE THEM!' which pretty much covered what we all thought aswell. People who hadn't met this person were being warned about them. I think even the lecturers were a little uneasy about this person... After lunch we had a lecture from the Careers Advice Woman, who made us all feel like shit, to be quite honest. Katherine and Amy spent time on their phones, Lisa and I wrote notes and Sallie and I chatted, and Rachael actually fell asleep. The woman was not only really boring while speaking, what she was saying was really down-heartening. She basically told us to give up with our degrees - it wasn't going to be enough and that we needed EXPERIENCE, DAMNIT!! GET EXPERIENCE! But that even WITH experience it was really difficult to get a job. Wanted to go in to the police? 5 year waiting list. Probation service? Demonstrate several occasions when you've helped change a community AND really competitive. I also felt like a tit at the start though, as loads of people knew what they wanted to do with their degree and/or had experience. I have neither experience or a clue.

We all literally RAN from the room at the end, both to get out and to avoid a certain someone. It was nice walking back though - we were all so tired we couldn't be arsed to go in to town, so Lisa, Alex, Amy, Sallie and I wandered back as we all live in the same direction, which was so much fun ^_^ Everyone else just got back in bringing a TOASTER! which is FANTASTIC NEWS! Hayley and Laura were telling me how they have thurs off, weds off this week, whereas I'm in EVERY DAY this week. I can't wait until lessons start, obviously A) because I really want to learn things now, and B) because I get a 4 day weekend XD EPIC WIN FTW!!! Yeah, I'm only in tuesdays and thursdays.... 12-8 tues and 10-6 thurs ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment