Saturday 18 September 2010

I'm a Student, And On A Booze Bottle I Party

I had to think very carefully about the title. I was debating on putting 'On a booze bottle I ride' but then that sounds absolutely hideous, like that thing from Big Brother.It did that. Dunno which one - they all look the same to me.

But yeah. I'm writing this from my room at UNI! Yeah baby! This morning was awful - when I said I was doing last mintue packing last night, I infact sat on Frontierville and then went out. I got in at about midnight and had a bit of a cry and a cuddle with mum. What could have made it worse? Tim making me watch 'United 93' about one of the planes hijacked on September 11th. It was hideous.

I intended on getting up at half 6 to get everything ready to leave at 9. After snoozing my alarm countless times, I was up at 8. Um.... epic with your fail, Leah? But still managed to get it all done somehow, after all it was just clothes. 5 boxes of clothes... neatly folded in nice rolled up bundles. Mum and G argued for ages about who was driving the van - seeing as G had had 1 hour sleep and mum can't drive it. Mum won, so that made for very entertaining car journey, apart from the terrifying times she had to go over a roundabout. *shudder...*

After registering with the doctor I got my key, which was the awesomes, and mum and G found out I was on the top floor and G would NOT SHUT UP COMPLAINING about taking my boxes up there. I was like, um, I'm taking some too. Was not impressed when he dropped my box filled with my breakables, marked FRAGILE in huge letters. He's lucky nothing broke, or I would have killed him. After mum made my bed and put all my clothes away (she insisted, obviously. I'm not lazy... ¬¬) they finally left. It was awful. Mum cried, I cried, Chris was a wanker... it was to be expected. She'd written me a card and forbade (is that a word) me from opening it until she'd left. I can see why - It made me cry harder. I never knew she could be so mushy!

The most nervey bit would have to be the bit when we were all in the flat, but hadn't spoken. I was having a conversation with the girl in the room next to me, both saying 'oh, I'll come out in a minute and say hi' but we didn't for aaaaaaaages. Needn't have worried - everyone is so lovely! I'm in an all-female flat, and 4 of us are her but with another girl arriving tomorrow. They are all so lovely! We're currently getting ready to go to the welcome party - half 7 - 4. None of us want to go that long, so we're going at about half 8 til about 1. Hardcore. Haha. Gotta be up early tomorrow though - my boob groping appointment with Jadey has been moved to 11 tomorrow. What have I let myself in for?

2 comments:

  1. Forbade is a word.
    All sounds rather epic chick. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got over the first meeting nerves, can be tough.

    ReplyDelete