Monday 20 September 2010

Our House, In The Middle Of Our Street

You know when you have a night out and it is the awesomes? Nice, innit? Even better? Going out the night after and having an EVEN BETTER night out. Street parties are the way to go, to be sure to be sure!

Lissi and I chose to go down with the gathering outside our halls that was leaving at 7 so as to get stuck in right from the start. We eventually wandered down at about half past. 7?!? don't think so. They had shut off an entire street in Derby, well, the main street of clubs etc for the whole night, so it was hilarious to watch some poor bloke who was not a student get turned away, even though he only wanted to walk down the road.

We spent ages wandering up and down the road, checking out the different clubs and bars etc. We went to one, I forget the name, and bumped in to the second year students who had something to do with our halls (I also forget what that would be) but after a while we attempted to exit the small alleyway we were in with our drinks but got turned back. Twas vastly amusing watching the 3 Hally people go down, also get turned back and turn around in a perfect display of sincronisation. Have you noticed? My spelling has got even worse...

Got chatting to a group of people from Sir Peter Hilton Court and went in to the strip club. You know, for a laugh. We were stood having a chat when I noticed a girl wearing nothing but a bra, a thong and funny 'trouser' things made of net and commenting about her being slaggy/try hard or something similar. I didn't make the connection that she might have worked there until one of the guys from our now little group took her in to a back room. So cue jaws hitting the floor and rapid exit of the club in question. More chatting out on the street and got to know a few more people, most of which were older. Had a few 'Catch a Goat, you've pulled' situations (¬¬) One guy, as nice as he was, seemed to take a liking to me (despite calling me a racist rapist as soon as I met him. Don't ask. Simply because I don't know.) So much so that James asked Lissi if they should set us up. Thankfully, she said no.

Sitting in Vines we were joined by Hayley, Abby and Laura, so we trotted around a few more of the cubs, then headed to the afterparty at the Nono8 club. Which, it has to be said, is kinda naff. Like a sideways Mosh, although no where near as awesome. You can learn a lot about people when they're drunk (despite the fact that I really wasn't) : ex-racing greyhounds come in 3s, cats can beat up a dog, prostitution is a sensible career, Being forceful isn't the same as being sexual and finally, that the tone of the conversation can be lowered by a simple hand gesture. Also learned that Salamanders should NOT be open on a night when the street is filled with very drunk students. Hayley and I were horrified. Lissi was telling me about a girl from her course that woke up with a tragus piercing, butter in her bed and a load of people sleeping on her floor. Yes, it's a sign of a good night, but must also be incredibly odd.

Got in at about 12 again, but didn't sleep until 2 as was up talking to Adam. OMG THAT I WAS!!! Kweehhhhhhh! To the extreme!! Yeah, have some awesome stuffs occuring there, so tis all good in the hood. Didn't sleep as was thinking about it, which was stupid. Despite the fact that early the next morning we all had to be up to enrol.

Finally met people on my course! There are so many! But everyone is really nice - we had so much fun in the welcome talks, despite the fact that we were being fed about 385748574398765 lbs of info at once. In the mock court room (which is the definition of 'awesome') we were being given a talk by a bloke who was obviously of some importance about safety etc. Watched a video about fire safety, which was bloody hilarious, but I have to say that the highlight of my day was when someone asked what they should do if they had health problems. Amy just muttered 'die' and I literally did - laughing, that is!

Lisa and I wandered in to town afterwards to time it and raided Primark for shoessss and also in search of things for out costumes for the 118 event on wednesday night. Why does no shop on planet Earth sell red shorts?? And had a Chinese in the food court, before we headed back to our separate halls (bummerrrr) to attend welcome meetings. We were all sent to sleep by it, apart from the fire safety bit again, as that was once again hilarious, and then we popped off to sainsburys. I bought vegetables. I'M SO HAPPY! Everyone ended up using them though, which was fine of course, but only because I'd made the fridge colder the night before, so my milk froze, along with Laura's cucumber and Lissi's lettuce. The cheese was fine though, so I lived to see another day haha ^_^

lissi came bursting in to my room saying "let's write to the noisy people!" I'm game for that, so we slipped a note saying 'well, hello there friend' under the door and went back in to our rooms. A little while later, she knocked saying "Omg Leah! someone's reading it!" so I went out in to the hall, but there was no one there... until a shadow moved near the note and I screamed and jumped in to my room. I must say that Lissi's impression when she showed Hayley over foods was very accurate. While we were eating, Lissi and I knocked on the fire door separating us from the noisy flat, and said hello. When a rapid foreign language was the reply, Lissi cried 'Omg they're FORIEGN!' and we both ran down the corridoor. Although they seemed lovely and invited us round to 'tee' the next day, which was nice of them.

Lissi and I went out for all of an hour, then came back as NO ONE was out, after searching all the clubs in Derby and getting sore feets also :( so we came back and watched The Inbetweeners in Laura's room with her, Abby and Hayley. We got bored at the end of Irobot so had a little chat in the kitchen for I became antisocial and stayed up chatting to Adam for most of the night/morning. ^_________________^

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought of a career in the circus? Plenty of human contact and it keeps your arse in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone's a little bit racist.

    I have red shorts. Be jealous. I'm planning to use them for our beach-foam-party-thing next week! :D

    Wub youuuuu xx

    ReplyDelete