Wednesday 14 July 2010

FML... Or not :)

ok, i have in fact written about 3 blogs since my last post, but this bloody naff site neglected to upload it properly and lost them all. So cue manic screaming and very nearly throwing of laptop at the wall. Ah well, life other than that is good at the moment.

My granparents came and went, and it was a wonderful visit - a carcoal bbq was the perfect send off. It was my frst weekend off work in about a year (I'm not even joking, which is depressing) so I had my girlies over saturday night for schnacks (Y) booze, movies and gossip. Spent sunday lounging in the pool on the rubber ring - it was so hot and gorgeous, although after 5 minutes I got a wonderful burnt face, stomach, chest and legs. I had factor 30 sunblock on - it just goes to show that my complexion really is perfect for lobster immitations. Then my brothers thought it would be utterly HILARIOUS to tip the ring over and I fell over backwards spectacularly - I'm deffo not one to do things by half. I did infact rip out one of my earrings in my arm-flailing panic, which was less than fun. I have 7 pairs, but now my ears look wonky. I've kinda caught the piercing and tattoo bug again recently...

I became a mother on sunday too! ^^ No, it wasn't mine. As my besties will happily tell me over and over again, there's no hope in hell of that ever happening. I love them and they know me so well - I am going to die a spinster at this rate. Bring on uni is all I can say. Oh, and summer. My cousin has made me a few promises, which I will definitely hold her to. Anyways, I keep about 20 chickens and a wonderful cock (leave it) and 1 of the hens has been sitting on some eggs, none of which are her own but meh! whatever.

The first one hatched and she luuuuuuurves it, but she very nearly killed the second one by pecking it all the time and treading on it, which was heartbreaking. So I'm raising it. Her name is Ponyo, although it'll probs be a cock after all this :/ but never mind. She knows my voice and comes running to me and leaps in my hand when I put it in the cage, and screams hysterically when I'm not there. It's the coolest thing EVER!

So the glorious weather all weekend buggered off on monday, just in time for our end of exams trip to Skeggy that we spent months planning, which was a pain in the arse. It was still a fantastic day, although thanks to being thrashed around on the rides all day my left hand side feels as though someone has scraped my skin off :/ And yes, I do know what that's like.

Finally yesterday was my blood donation appointment. I've been a regular donor since I turned 18 (so if you suck at maths, I've only been twice, which I think is fab for someone terrified at the sight of needles) First the blood test failed as my finger didn't bleed enough, and then my arm bled waaaaaay too much during the actual donation, so much so that I spent less time on the chair than the 3 people that had been on there for 10 minutes before I got there. To top it all off, the (absolutely scrummy) male nurse told me to gently swing my legs over the side of the bed, but as I did I faceplanted the floor in a dramatic fashion and landed in his arms. I'd like to say it was romantic, hollywood 'eyes meeting' etc etc, but I caused him to crash to the floor also and there was no chance of our eyes meeting as mine were tight shut and I think I crushed his arm.

Can't win them all. Naturally, it's been a typically dramatic few days for the self-confessed (and frequently reminded) drama queen. I really am going to try and blog more regularly. I need this release. Till then, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment