Wednesday 13 October 2010

Burn Baby, Burn.

I snoozed my alarm waaaaay too many times this morning, as per always, which lead to a mad rush to get ready. Typically I injured myself in le process - mascara brush in the eye. Bugger. Speaking of mascara - why is it that the right set are perfectly separated and look AMAZING whereas the left eye looks like I've dipped it in some black paint and then wrapped my lashes around a pen a few times to curl them. The wrong way? Why? Please tell me the reason - it's always the same, and is bordering on the heartbreaking if I am completely honest.

I was on middle today (Worky poos, oh the joy. I missed having a job and all and complained when I wasn't working but I reaaaaaally could have done with today off - fuckloads of reading due. hat horror story will come later believe me. It won't be the only thing that will be coming later, knowing me. Oooer missus) Where the hell did my mind just wander to? I went from KFC to sex, and there wasn't even an Adam inbetween (inbetween me and the bed... STOP IT LEAH!!!) aaaaaaaaaanyways *reads back a few lines. Soooo distracted tonight. So what's new?* by middle I mean I was on fries. For a 7 hour shift. I didn't eat or drink this morning as I was stampeding out the door, so I was a little bummed about this.

This KFC is different, in that they don't really want their employees disappearing every 5 minutes for a drink, so today I became a little prune lady. Well, little in its broadest (lolz at the pun =3) terms. I lost basically all my body juices through buckets. Of sweat. How attractive. Although, several of my new collegues seem to think so - I spoke to one bloke and he went bright red and spilt a drink. HAHA! For once, it is not MY head that is falling off! I like this - having a head. I could get used to it. It's different too in that it's so damn clean! Lynn and this one were opened at the exact same time - so how is it that Lynn can be in such a state by now? Granted, it is bigger, but everything there is COATED in shit and grease anfd greasey shit and God only knows what else. This stores CER scores (ratings on how clean they are, well run, profitable, hospitable etc) for the last 3 periods are 100, 98 and 98. Lynns? 51, 65 and 89. ¬¬ I spent most of the day just stood by the fryers waiting for them to cook stuff, whereas normally there would be loads of bloody stuff to clean.

I was technically working til close tonight i.e. 6pm, which felt BLOODY ODD to say the least, and so I got thrown in to the sinks. I may have just gone without my 'apron' - the fucking thing kept breaking every minute or so due to gargantum breast size and location. I was happily washing up (well, as happy as you can be washing up when you ar allergic to the flour and get it all over your arms and uniform and having to wash it off with water that could easily double up as lobster boiling water) when the cook decided it would be hilarious to put a chicken tray hot out of the 300 degree (i think) fryer straight in to the water without telling me. Don't worry, I realised it was there about 3 seconds later when my arm came in to contact with it and then in to the scalding water again. Hello blister! Aren't you sweet?

bimbling home I saw just about EVERYONE from my course (well, 2 people) out doing shopping/going to work/finishing work but I was heavily distracted by some random mental bloke who was slowly making his way down the street yelling at things - benches, pigeons, people... the list goes on. I went in to Tescos to get away (and to get more squash. I have NEVER run out of squash before in my life. O______O) and he was still outside, yelling at the Burton's window display. Needless to say, I gripped my bag extremely tightly and put my mincy run shoes on.

I am mummy Leah ^_^ I love it - as in I take care of my flatmates. Today I was painting Lissi's nails then putting her shoes on for her (due to wet nail senario. Keep up) I said it reminded me of Cinderella, which then got me ranting about slippers made of glass. WTF? A slipper? "Ahhhh, my feet hurt... I'll just put on my SLIPPERS MADE OF GLASS! Oooooh, so comfortable... " etc etc. Then gave her all my small change to pay for her taxi (this was because I owed her money. I hadn't LITERALLY stepped in to the role of being a mother for some reason)

Avatar night tonight - of all the things. Every other uni gets Smurfs. We get Avatar. I didn't go,for many reasons - tiredness levels, lack of money, needing to read etc. I think the main reason though would have to be my fear ofgoing and seeing a load of fat fucks/fuck ugly munters in nothing but underwear and blue paint. I feel that that sight would proceed to make me do some upchucking and then scar me for life. Just like this burn will. Jesus it hurts -n have a nice bandage on it thanks to Hayley ^_^

I mentioned I had a lot of reading didn't I? Ah yes - over 50 pages! So instead of starting it straight away, Hayley and Laura came in and we watched Bridget Jones' Diary (My comment of 'omg I would hate people to read my diary' made me look a pillock - what the hell is this like?) and drooled over Colin Firth. Also established that I don't fancy Hayley's dad, which is always good lolz =3

Sooo instead of doing my reading I watched Amadeus, and chatted on FB to David... Skyped my mum... comlained to several people on my course ABOUT said hideous amount of reading and then spent ages trying to find a nice version of Canon in D Major to listen to (I got in to my 'classical mood' after watching Amadeus. Shame Mozart didn't actually compose the frgging thing!!) And eventuallystarted reading and making my usual hilarious notes.

It reached 2 in the morning and I'd just finished the 40th page when Matthew started chatting to me about the reading. Guess who had read the wrong chapter? I was so close to screaming that the only thing that stopped me was my own fist slamming repeatedly into my head and dazing me slightly. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. MYYYYYYYYYYYY. GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. I am SO ANNOYED RIGHT NOW!! I would very easily turn around tomorrow and go 'FUCK YOUR READING!' I attempted to read the correct chapter of course, but it was so full of mindless bullshit that I had to stop. I sy mindless bullshit in the way that as I read it , all the words turned in to 'you read the wrong chapter you fucking moron' over and over again. Police? What the hell is the police?

But anyway - last day of lectures tomorrow woo! Thank god - then I have more time to catch up on the reading I've missed. Oh no, wait. I have work again. For 4 hours. It's a good thing it is CAroline that has given me this shift knowing there is only a 15 inute walk to the store from where I live. Had it been Joe, I would have killed him. Aw Joe. He leaves KFC in Lynn tomorrow, which is good and bad I suppose. I wish he could read the blog sometimes (actualy that's a lie - how many times have I complained about him on here?) and I would like to wish him all the best as when Caroline phoned up for a character assessment on me he said she'd be lucky to have me and that he couldn't have wished for a faster, more efficient, pleasant and better worker than he had with me and that I was a credit to the company. My love for Joe lasted for about 5 seconds until I found out that I had to get my file from Lynn and so I asked my mum to get it for me - he rfused to give it to her. WTF?!?!

So there yo have it! I hope this has been marginally more stimulating than last night's blog. I'm in such a distracted mood at the moment i's odd - I ca't concentrate on anything. It must be tiredness and stress. Obviousy caused by this hideous reading confusion. Ughhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment