Monday 2 August 2010

Evenin', Squire!

Corr, that title was like 'attack of the punctuation, arrrrgh!' But it has a meaning that I will go in to detail about a little later on.

So today was my first official holiday day, as I actually did something with my family. I went to Nottingham again, but this time we weren't going in to the town so it meant that I didn't have to spend any money so all the more for my London trips (yes, plural woooo!) We did some chugging along the canal in our narrow boat, a thing I haven't been able to enjoy in about 3 years thanks to working every free second of my life.

I got to steer again (is that the correct spelling? Or did I just write about getting to 'cow or similar animal' again? Ah well...) And after not doing it for a few years, the first thing I did was direct us in to the nearest bank, which caused me to hysterically scream for G. Once I'd got back in to the swing of it I was fine. I love having a boat ^^ We actually sailed past RiverPuffin, the boat we owned before this one, The Thistle. I had painted a gorgeous puffin for the side of it, which they had removed and allowed the boat to become a rusted wreck, which was heartbreaking. It's a shame that since getting rid of her, puffins have a special meaning for me thanks to an injoke with my besties.

After mooring at a new site, G discovered that the Thistle was infact sinking, and had about 11 inches of water in her along her entire length (about 40ft) so it's lucky we stopped when we did. Instead of helping, the boys buggered off somewhere and me and mum sat on the bank and attempted to take nice pictures of her - fail. They are hilarious pictures though, I hope to get them on here soon. As we were doing so, a blatantly pissed bloke comes bimbling over crying "EVENING SQUIRE!!!" at G. I had to get up and move behind a tree so her wouldn't hear me laughing.

He then proceeded to ask if we knew where 'Hakumata' was (he meant 'Hakuna Matata', a narrow boat moored about 3 ft away) and told G he had a nice arse, then gave him a present of a bunch of leaves. Mum came and joined me behind the tree.

G is now called 'Squire' - I always come up with lovely nicknames for him while on holiday. He's been Betty (as in Boop) for the last 2 years as on a camping trip he was hiding in a bush waiting to scare me, but had his arse sticking out, Boop boop be doop style.

I has hurty feets now though, as we walked the 5 miles back to the car. I'm getting rusty - it took us just over an hour. I can usualy do about 7 miles in less than an hour. Never mind, that's what cars are for. I'm releasing my inner dork tomorrow and expresswing sheer delight at going to a War museum ^^ I am actually so excited!!

Soooo, not only is my mind male, it's also about 23985739875 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment