Monday 30 August 2010

Return Of The Living Dead

I know there isn't a zombie film with this title yet, but it's only a matter of time to be quite honest. I definitely think that's it's lucky I can still stand after today. The word 'Hideous' screams itself from my body at every chance it gets. Ugh... I've only been back one day and I'm already shattered... Although starting back on a 9 hour shift, the hell shift, on a bank holiday and with bugger all stock is not exactly a nice ease back in to the working world. I wish I was on holiday again already - It was weird hearing my alarm again. (The Four Ways Farm intro, as I am truely a cool kid ^^)

I may complain about it, but I really did enjoy today - I was missed, which is lovely, although they could tell I was back in the store. Literally 10 minutes in to my shift I dropped a Krushem on the floor. ¬_¬ Twat. I also got to hand in my notice, of sorts, which was SUCH a wonderful feeling. It'l be a while after I get in to the swing of uni life before I will start getting shifts at my new store, and I think a part of me will wish to be working. It gives me something to do, I guess...

Got attacked by a wasp again, of course, while I was trying to sort out my till (that crashed, obviously) and It's frenzied attack (It buzzed RIGHT in my face) caused me to drop a drink in a customer's car and go EVERYWHERE! I think the only reason why the woman didn't stab me with something is because she too was spazzing out about the bloody wasp.

The random blokes who luuuuurve me came in again (They are yummy scrumbos and always call me 'Princess', which is lovely) and demanded more hugging. I got a bit scared though when all 5 joined in at once and their hands started doing a bit of exploring. The poor old biddy in the car behind theirs kept giving me pitying looks as I kept catching her eye to try and ask for help. Her husband blared his horn to try and get them to hurry on, but it was no use... It isn't nice to hear someone complain about being wet when you pull away from a hug. Especially a guy. Um, no more hugs for you.

My darling Tanny was in, and she, Hayley, Mr Alex, C Hole and myself very much enjoyed making William squirm by constantly talking about sex and my new pressie to myself. I once told Tanny about an article I'd seen in a magazine for a vibrator that cost £1000 (seriously!!!) because it had real diamond and gold in it (hmm, a diamond encrusted vibrator. Niiiice. Not...) and that was the start of our inappropriate conversations for years to come. 'No' was the word of the day, and we managed to have entire conversations just by saying it, which was hilarious.

Obviously, this was all while I had an enormous queue of people and very little stock to work with, but people were in quite good foolings today so I remained in a good mood. It was just nice to get to see everyone again after a long time, and I suppose I'd better get it all done in the next few weeks. :) Doing a shite shift tomorrow - 4 til 9. That isn't even a shift!!! Bollocking hell...

No comments:

Post a Comment