Friday 6 August 2010

Everyone is a Yorkshireman At Heart ^^

Today was the day I organised a little get together for my bestest buddies ^^ We needed a decent catch up, and it really was a lovely day.

I dragged Stephen from his slumber and ourselves and Kay trotted off to Tescos to buy more food then bothered everyone at KFC for Krushems. I love KFC, blatantly. Ugh... I then had a convoy of cars behind me through Lynn, with Kay, Law and Claxton all counting on me to take them somewhere nice ^^ An ambulance pulling out of the hospital nearly caused us to have an accident - I went past before its sirens started, but Law quickly darted across. Some absolute TOSSER decided to dart across the miniroundabout in front of me to avoid said ambulance, causing me to emergency stop and Law to almost join me and Stephen in my car. As I was saying afterwards, if we'd have had a crash, we could have literally driven a few meters away and gone 'Yes, I have no head. May I see a doctor?'

I took them to Bawsey, a beautiful set of old quarrys that have been filled in to create beautiful lakes and woodland. It was gorgeous and the weather was wonderful. We chose a spot at the top of a slope near a cliff edge just above the lake, which was rather stupid seeing as Kay had brought the massive blow up ball from Skeggy and it was bond to go over the edge. Which it did and ended up snagging on a bush and popping.

Stupidly, Claxton and Joe had eaten before coming, so they didn't eat much, but we had loadssssssss of food, and it was nice just mucking around and chatting. We then went for a walk in the woods and most of the girlies got stuck somewhere in some way, apart from me and Becky, and so we are blatantly very manly. And our mini camp kept getting invaded by a very wet little dog, whose name was Ryan and whose owners really didn't give a toss about.

We also enjoyed watching some tossers on the other side of the lake attempting to climb down the cliff face and getting completely stuck, which was hilarious. After David got there and Kay left, we decided to head to Hunni, aka the Seaside ^^

I was leader again, and we had a fab time going on a few rides and hitting the arcades and chippies ^^ We had also been talking in a Yorkshire accent all day, thanks to Law and Stephen. I've been doing it so long now I feel like I should be a yorkshireman. Yes, a man, naturally.

It really was a fab day, and the weather held out until we were driving home, which was awesome. Everyone had a lovely time - I sure can organise a good get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment